Everton vs Arsenal Premier League preview

Everton vs Arsenal Preview: Another Close Encounter?

Everton vs Arsenal is an intriguing little contest. While the former have little of any real significance to play for, they come into the match on the back of winning two league games in a row for just the second time this season. As they dispensed with Chelsea and West Ham in those matches, could the Toffees make it a London treble here?

For Arsenal, a top four finish looks a distinct possibility; indeed, the bookies have them behind Tottenham but ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United. Since their last league defeat, the Gunners have won five and drawn one. They’ve also completed all 10 of their games against other teams in the top six.

Things are looking rosy, though five of their last seven games are away from home. Arsenal’s April also includes trips to Leicester, Watford and Wolves, so a win here would be most welcome for Unai Emery. He may need to rotate later in the month thanks to European commitments. Read More

Chelsea vs Liverpool Premier League Preview

Chelsea vs Liverpool Preview: Are the Reds deservedly favourites?

Chelsea vs Liverpool sees two of the top three clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening. Except for a goalless draw at the London Stadium last weekend, both sides have won all six of their league games this season. It’s an intriguing clash between two top teams, and difficult to call.

Unless you’re a bookmaker. They have Liverpool as favourites which, when looking at league results in matches between the big six since August 2016, seems like a surprising position. In that period, Chelsea have only lost three of their 11 games at home, and the Reds have only won the same number on the road.

The margin isn’t huge, and depends on your bookie of choice, but the general prediction seems to be around a 33 percent chance of a Chelsea win, 40 percent for Liverpool, and 27 percent the draw. All three outcomes have a relatively close likelihood of occurring, but is it right that the visitors have the edge? Read More